Empowered Readers Book Club!
November 3, 2023
Introducing 📖Empowered Readers Book Club📖
Empower’s NEW Book Club focuses on disability related literature and authors living with disability.
We meet virtually from 2pm-3:30pm on the first Sunday of each month. Our first session is November 5th.
You do not need to identify as a person with a disability to participate in this book club, however, accommodations and support will be provided to members who do present with disability.
You do not need to attend every book club meeting but instead can participate when you are interested and able.
Please complete the following form if you are interested in learning more about our New Empowered Readers Book Club:
Empowered Readers Book Club Registration Form
- November 5th – Intro to Empowered Readers Book Club
- December 3rd – Make you Mine this Christmas by Lizzie Huxley-Jones
- January 7th – Restart by Gordon Korman
- February 4th – Fish in a Tree by Linda Mullally Hunt
- March 3rd – Going for the Gullies
- April 7th – Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon
- May 5th – My Left Foot by Christy Brown
- June 2nd – Being Heumann by Judith Heumann
- July 7th – If at Birth You Don’t Succeed – Zach Anner