Call for Nominations: 2022 Independent Living Awards of Newfoundland & Labrador
October 10, 2022
Do you know an individual or a business that has been a rock star in the full inclusion of people with disabilities in your community? Tell us about them and all they do by nominating them for an award! Nominations for the 2022 Independent Living Awards of Newfoundland & Labrador are now open. Nominations close on Friday, November 4, 2022.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
2022 Independent Living Awards of Newfoundland & Labrador
If you have made, or know someone, or a group who has made a significant contribution to the full inclusion of people with disabilities in community either at a local, regional, provincial or national level, tell us about it by nominating them for the 2022 Independent Living Awards.
The IL Awards are presented at our International Day of Persons with Disabilities Celebration on Friday, December 2, 2022.
The awards are:
- The Cecilia Carroll Award for Independent Living for a person with a disability, who has demonstrated a long-term and extraordinary personal commitment to the full inclusion of people with disabilities in Newfoundland and Labrador, locally or nationally. Minimum of 20 years commitment.
- The Independent Living Young Leader Award for a young person with a disability, under 30 years of age, who has raised awareness and shown outstanding leadership in promoting full inclusion of people with disabilities in Newfoundland & Labrador. Minimum of 5 years.
- The Business Award for Independent Living for a business who has displayed an innovative approach and achieved substantial outcomes in supporting full inclusion of people with disabilities in areas such as employment, transportation, housing, communication and technology.
- The Social Inclusion Award for Independent Living for a person, team, group of individuals who has worked towards a more inclusive environment by creating opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in areas such as sports, the arts, education, recreation, and the wider community. This award is for someone/group that has gone above and beyond.
Conditions of Nominating
- To nominate yourself or another person/group, please complete the Nomination Form below and submit it to Empower, The Disability Resource Centre.
- Late nominations will not be considered
- Empower employees and their immediate family cannot be nominated for an award.
- To nominate a deceased person for an award, permission must be obtained from the deceased person’s next-of-kin.
- Information submitted may be used in promotion and publicity associated with the IL Awards of Newfoundland & Labrador.
Please ensure you include the following in your nomination:
- Category under which the nomination is being made
- Name and contact information for the nominee
Privacy & Confidentiality
Personal information collected during the award process through nomination applications may be published on Empower, The Disability Resource Centre’s website or in social media promotional materials.
Nominations close on Friday, November 4, 2022